Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The changes of an Indian summer

As I lay here in bed, I find that I cannot fall asleep due to the fact that I'm thinking about all of the lessons learned, experiences had, and decisions made this summer; add in the decisions I need to make still and it's no wonder I cannot sleep. This summer I; lived in Bakersfield, moved back to Costa Mesa, edited alot of photos, got back into my church (cornerstone fountain valley is great if you are searching ) hung out with my crazy Irish friend Alan, and decided to enlist in the navy. I also have a few engagements to shoot, and edit, along with a wedding possibly. I also need to edit all of my 1000+ china photos left from 2010. Oh sorry, did I gloss over he Navy part? to explain, I ultimately want to be the ambassador for the US to China, but the easiest way for me to do that is to join the navy. For the past seven months I have been testing and training for an officership but was just informed that the budget doesn't Llow for too many new officers, and unfortunately I would not be offered a spot this year. That sucks. I don't want to be in retail anymore. I hate it. So I've prayed, and contemplated, and sought advice from the four corners of the earth. Enlisting is one of my best options. Health care, school debt restitution, food and lodging, military experience, gi bill, world language expertise, and steady pay. Anyways, that's my news for the night. More photos to come soon! Ps, I love instagram. Pps, I'm stoked that fall is almost here -Kevin

No comments: